Halyard is in search of a Project Manager. This role is responsible for the planning, directing, budget coordination, safety, and activities associated with construction projects.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of Superintendent to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Execute Trade Partner Purchase Orders within established budget parameters.
- Work with Site Superintendents to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with Site Superintendents to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Pricing out bulletins & change orders that occur during the duration of the project.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with Owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project progress and safety meetings.
- Work with Contract Administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Work with Site Superintendents to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
- Assist with the construction close-out phase and project evaluation.
- Must be able to perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Work Environment: This person will have a permanent workspace at our corporate office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Some of the work maybe completed at the construction site to help monitor the project and make daily decisions about construction activities.
Expected Hours of Work: Full-time position. Occasional extended hours and weekends may apply.
Travel: Travel to and from office is required; majority of the work will be done in the office. If any travel is required it is usually local, but some long-distance and overnight travel may be required depending on the project.
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in a computer office setting. Employee will be responsible for weekly site visits, which may require walking on rough and/or elevated terrain. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or carry lightweight items (under 50 pounds).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree/experience combination.
- Knowledge of administration, management, construction materials, methods, and tools.
- Knowledge of safety and security issues and regulations.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources.
- Strong understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
- To accomplish work activities, Project Manager must be able to coordinate or lead employees among various levels of the organization.
- Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
- Computer Skills: proficiency in using the internet to research information, as well as MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, QuickBooks, and Edge (Estimating).
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving.
- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the above noted tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is not a comprehensive list of all functions.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills.
- Time Management Skills
- Math and Budgeting Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Technological Competency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.