Halyard is in search of a Site Superintendent. This position executes construction projects by organizing, planning, and overseeing project tasks. They complete quality inspections and supervise all project members, including staff and sub-contractors.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with client superintendent & local inspectors to develop a project schedule and their expectations.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and report problems or deficiencies to the Project Manager.
- Enforce all safety and quality standards.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of trade partners and material vendors via planning and scheduling.
- Supervise the daily jobsite activities, work very closely with Project Manager to ensure success and that the work is performed in a safe and organized manner, is in compliance with the drawings and specifications, and is executed by the most efficient means.
- Review and manage all construction activities in compliance with project documents including Shop Drawings, Submittals, and RFI’s.
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control program for the project.
- Document all on-site activities with reports and photos.
- Review change order requests with Project Manager & Project Coordinator.
Work Environment: Jobsite locations in Greater West Michigan & Central Michigan.
Expected Hours of Work: Full-time position. Occasional extended hours and weekends may apply.
Travel: Travel to and from the construction site is required; majority of the work will be done at the site. Most of the travel will be local, but some long-distance and overnight travel may be required depending on the project.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, listen sit, walk, reach, kneel, stoop, crouch, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to operate a computer and telephone, and maintain visual acuity. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or carry lightweight items. (minimum of 50 pounds).
Required Education and Experience
- Construction Management or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of on-site lead Superintendent experience in the commercial construction industry with references of completed commercial projects.
- Knowledge of all phases of the construction processes.
- Ground-up construction experience required with the ability to do layouts, quantify materials needed, and order as needed.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to see results.
- Excels in working in a fast-paced environment and can manage others.
- Capable of managing customer expectations while orchestrating sub-contractors and vendors. Ability to work independently and treat safety as a primary focus.
- Ability to understand contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Adobe, Pro-Core, or similar applications.
- Goal-oriented & ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities and effectively communicate with a broad range of people including fellow staff, clients, architects, subcontractors and others involved in the construction of the project.
- Ability to work closely with Project Manager to ensure successful execution of project and client requirements.
Working Conditions: Work may be performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme heat, near moving mechanical parts and includes occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions. May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated. Travel is required, determined by project location and schedule. When working on-site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats, etc.
Physical: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and or carry light weight items (over 50 pounds).
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area
- Driving to/from locations for business-related purposes
- Walking, observing, and documenting activity in and around job sites
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Leadership Skills.
- Time Management Skills
- Math and Budgeting Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Technological Competency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.